MSU Hub is supporting the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Education and the Associate Dean for University Advising to move from being a reactive advising environment to a proactive advising environment. Proactive advising is a part of the Student Success Transformation Initiative. The goals of the project focus on efforts that can help advisors in their daily roles and on changing the organizational structure of advising roles to support students through direct interaction across all Colleges and Neighborhoods. The priorities of this project are to:
- Establish collective understanding of proactive advising
- Identify advisor needs for collaboration and tools
- Establish aligned professional development programs
- Create corresponding advisor and advising unit assessments and metrics
- Maintain clear, consistent, and timely engagement across advising community
Three working groups consisting of academic advisors have been established to focus on the priorities above: Professional Development & Training, Tools & Collaboration, Assessment & Metrics.